Tuesday, October 30, 2012

dark, dark, love, love,

reak...
Crash...
BOO!

Shivering skeletons, ghostly pirates, chattering corpses, and haunted graveyards...all to chill your bones! Share these seven spine-tingling stories in a dark, dark room.






I'm 31 years old, and I still remember the day I found this book in my school library when I was seven. I was enamoured, and checked it out numerous times before another student lost it. I was a bookworm as a child, and this book still stands as one of the truly unforgettable books I read in my youth. I believe it is the powerful imagery of the book that has stuck with me all these years, and made it impossible for me to forget.

Granted, it is not for everyone, and some children might benefit from reading it at an older age. I remember being slightly perturbed by some of the ideas and nuances presented in the book. However, I doubt highly that it would truly disturb any child that was mature enough to approach the book thoughtfully.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment